A little something for your furry friends
Looking for a fun and budget-friendly way to keep your dog entertained at home? We’ve got you covered with the ultimate DIY dog chew toy!
What you’ll need:
- Fleecy material (2-4 different colours)
Watch this step-by-step video to learn how to make your own:
Here’s a quick recap of the steps:
- Cut the material into 5cm wide strips. You will need 4 pieces for each toy and the length of the strips will depend on how long you would like your chew toy to be.
- Holding the ends of the 4 strips, secure with a very firm overhand knot.
- Lay the strips out at right angles to each other. It should look like big + sign.
- One-by-one, take each strip and form a loop over the piece next to it in a clockwise direction.
- Pull the lengths firmly to form a square knot and repeat until you reach your desired length.
- Once you reach the end, secure with another overhand knot.
Big thank you to Guide Dogs Client Deb who has been making these fun toys for the pups in the nursery and was kind enough to share this fine art with us!
Remember: creating homemade chew toys for your furry friend is a fun and engaging activity, but it’s essential to be aware of potential risks. Please exercise caution with all rope and material toys, as linear pieces or rope can cause serious medical issues if ingested. Supervise playtime, dispose of damaged or fraying toys immediately, and choose age-appropriate options to keep your pup safe and happy.